In a discussion of the most frequently used beauty products, retinol serum is always sure to get a special mention. True enough, it unfailingly helps the face achieve flawless smoothness and renewed glow.
If you haven’t tried a retinol product before and are curious to know what it can do for you, you’re in luck! As it turns out, winter is a good time to begin exploring it. In this article, you will discover how this season can give you a head start to getting the face of your dreams.
A Primer on Retinol and Its Effects
Retinols are a type of vitamin A which helps in making healthy skin cells. Every retinol-based product has a different concentration of the element.
Retinol product gives the following benefits:
- It stimulates collagen production. Collagen is the main protein that comprises our skin. Through the passage of time, collagen is depleted, resulting in wrinkles on our face. Applying retinol on our face helps in synthesizing collagen to replace its lost traces on the face.
- It helps solve pigmentation. Retinol is an antioxidant, limiting production of free radicals that can harm skin cells. When skin cells are destroyed, discoloration occurs, and uneven skin tone develops. Using retinols can prevent this from happening and aids in restoring your skin tone.
- It can help prevent acne. External dirt and oils mix in the pores and produce acne as a result. Using retinols help unclog the pores, freeing the bacteria stuck in the skin. These bacteria are then thoroughly eliminated via exfoliation.
Benefits of Beginning Retinol Use in Winter
While retinol can be used at any time in the year, winter is the ideal time to introduce it. Here’s why:
- Retinol activity level is ideal for winter. In a cold climate, the sun rarely comes out. The intense heat of the sun can cause adverse effects on retinol’s active nature. So if your face is still untreated, take advantage of the cold weather and begin using retinol solution, at least once daily. (Just to be safe, it is still advisable to wear sunscreen when going out in the sun.)
- Earlier bedtime means earlier application. During the wintertime, the sun is gone as early as 5PM. Your body would be predisposed to having an earlier bedtime than usual. Since most retinol creams and serums are applied before bedtime, you will get a head start on its healing effects on your face. Having longer bedtimes this season also helps with the therapy.
- Acne breakout is still manageable. Unlike in hot weather, breakouts don’t occur often during winter. If ever it does, it’s at a manageable level. This would give the retinol solution time to establish itself and focus more on its preventive properties. Once the season starts warming up, your face will be fully conditioned to the treatment.
Make Retinol Your Winter Habit
Now’s the perfect time to spice up your beauty regimen with retinol! The best part of it is that it doesn’t have to be expensive. Thanks to specialty online stores, you can get retinol products at reasonable prices.
As a reminder, check if the products are preservative-free to get maximum retinol serum benefits. Wish you the best in your journey to flawless beauty!