Make sure your SMO strategies will meet—if not exceed—your expectations for 2019. Read on to find out what optimization techniques to keep, adopt, and update to stay on top of your game.
- Using Video Content
Video content dominated 2018. And, experts predict that it will continue to be a top social media strategy in 2019. Live video, in particular, is extremely popular among social media users.
• Live videos are authentic. As their name implies, the events they show are happening real-time. There’s no chance of editing or filtering. As a result, the perceived relevance and trustworthiness of a brand increase.
• They are temporary. Most live videos are only available for viewing during their stream, making them more valuable and sought-after compared to conventional video content.
• They improve user experience. Nothing says “we value you and we want you to be a part of a major development in our business” to clients quite like a live video. The chat system most live video options have helps.
Despite these points, however, it’s not a good idea to use the real-time option for all of your video contents. Create compelling video content as well—ones that are fresh, interesting, and engaging. They’ll help spike interest in your brand and drive traffic to your website.
- Engage in Social Media Listening
Social media listening or monitoring refers to the act of crawling social media sites to determine all mentions of a keyword. The primary objectives of this method are reputation upkeep and customer service. When conducted strategically, it can also be used for:
• social selling
• generating leads
• analyzing your target audience
• expanding your client demographics
• generating more effective ads
• monitoring your competition
• enhancing your product’s quality and marketability
- Promote Timeliness
Experts consider real-time communication to be the future of social media marketing. And, they’re not far off. Social media never sleeps after all. It makes sense that real-time social selling, 24/7 customer support, constant monitoring, and chatbots are popular. People expect an immediate response to their queries and complaints. Brands that meet that expectation often have a strong following.
- Build rapport with Micro Influencers
If you’ve searched for “SMO strategies” before, you’ve probably come across the one about building good relationships with social media influencers a lot. How about the one about micro-influencers? There is no shortage of micro-influencers, people who may not have followings more than 10,000 but have followers that are genuinely interested in their content. Every marketing niche has them. Since they are not massively targeted by advertisers, they are down-to-earth and trustworthy. Get into their good books, and you’ll gain a lot.
- Maximize “Personalization” Tools
Due to the influx of users, social media sites have taken to adding personalization tools to their settings. Make the most of them. Consider your intended audience’s clicked links, history, social media posts, and other online activities when you create content. Make sure the right people will see your posts.
Ensure the efficacy of your SMO campaigns. Integrate these strategies into your social media marketing plans!